The Silence of the Lambs
Dir: Jonathan Demme
USA, 1991, 118 mins, DCP
Cast: Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins
The top movie villain of all time on the AFI’s 100 greatest list, Dr. Hannibal Lector is a most seductive psychopath, a brilliant psychiatrist put behind bars for feasting on his victims. It’s not his frosty smile but his mind that attracts Clarice Starling, an FBI trainee who seeks his help in drawing a psychological profile of a new serial killer. Playing along with the monster’s charm and intelligence, she is forced to confront her own childhood fears. Full of uncomfortable close-ups and discomfiting dialogue, Jonathan Demme’s adaptation of Thomas Harris’ taut best-selling novel has become an instant classic of suspense thriller. Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster have created two of the most memorable characters in movie history, yet it’s Hannibal the Cannibal who has become a patron to many people’s nightmares, forever haunting our thoughts.
1992 Academy Awards, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Adapted Screenplay
5/1/2018 (Fri): Post-screening talk with Li Cheuk-to
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.