The House in the Woods (La maison des bois)
Dir: Maurice Pialat
France, 1971, French, 363min, DCP, English subtitles
Cast: Pierre Doris, Jacqueline Dufranne, Agathe Natanson, Maurice Pialat
Total duration: 469 min
1st Break: 16:15-16:45
2nd Break: 18:20-19:30
“It is WWI. Dad is at the front and the boys have to be sent away to a foster family in the country… Although the mini-series was set in war time, Pialat was more interested in the emotional drama of everyday folks. He generously gave us space to contemplate the many subtleties of life… At the end, Hervé has to return to the city with his Dad and new Mom. As they drive away, the freedom of living in the wilderness and the house in the woods, like dear old Pa and beautiful Marguerite looking smaller and smaller in the distance, becomes but a part of his memory.” – Dreamy Talks I
3.2.2019 (SUN): Film talk with Geoffrey Wong
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.