Dir: David Fincher
USA, 1995, 127 mins, 35mm
Cast: Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Pattrow
It rains day after day. They investigate death after death. A soon-to-retire detective is partnered with a hotheaded newcomer in a desperate effort to stop an ingenious serial killer who intends every murder to punish one of the Seven Deadly Sins. As the cops caught their foe, his master plan comes to a shocking revelation. David Fincher’s intensely claustrophobic, gut-wrenching thriller is a look at city-wide moral corruption, and an examination of fear and dread, driving audience to a headlong dive into the depths of hell and a slow, careful build to its powerful yet haunting conclusion. The “What’s in the Box” ending has become one of the greatest MacGuffin in cinema history. As Fincher said, “sin is not modern.” It’s timeless.
1997 Blue Ribbon Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
27/1/2018 (Sat): Post-screening talk with Bobby Kwok
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.