Dial M for Murder 3D
Dir: Alfred Hitchcock
1954, 105min, DCP
Cast: Ray Milland, Grace Kelly, Robert Cummings
Long before Avatar (2009) or even James Cameron existed, Hitchcock made the classic thriller Dial M for Murder… in 3D. One of the mystery master’s most acclaimed works, it stars the luminous Grace Kelly as Margot, a neglected wife who has an affair with a crime fiction writer. When her husband Tony discovers the secret, he devises a plan to murder her. The film, based on a Broadway play, is designed and shot in 3D purposefully to look like the inside of a theatrical performance, replete with an intermission. Ironically, by 1954 the 3D fad began to die down, and the film has since mostly been shown in 2D only – until this 3D restored version.
1954 National Board of Review, USA, Best Actress & Best Supporting Actor
Please bring along your own 3D glasses or buy a new pair at the cinema
Alfred Hitchcock – The American Years : The Dangerous Lover
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- EMP Cinemas iSQUARE (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- CINE FAN ONLINE
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.