Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
USA, 1970, 113 mins, DCP
Cast: Mark Frechette, Daria Halprin, Paul Fix
Antonioni’s second English-language film, an initial commercial disappointment that has grown in critical stature over the decades. Today it stands as a monument to Antonioni’s fascination with the counterculture of the 1970s and the landscapes of America – from the violence of race, police and protests on its college campuses to the hallucinogenic bleakness of its deserts, even though some might see them as scenarios for possible elite “development.” Against these landscapes, two lost young people meet, perhaps find love, and separate as they travel towards different destinies.
Zabriskie Point, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 20/01/2018 (Sat)
Buy ticket 03/02/2018 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.