Wuthering Heights (Hurlevent)
Dir: Jacques Rivette
France, 1985, 155 mins, 35mm
Cast: Fabienne Babe, Lucas Belvaux, Sandra Montaigu
What a combination! Rivette and the stormy love of Emily Bronte’s novel – a work that both produced lush drama with Lawrence Olivier and Merle Oberon and even drove Buñuel to make a film. Rivette moves the action to Provençal France, claimimg both its landscape and its culture, and he savagely trims back the generations and stories of the novel, focusing on Catherine and Heathcliff/Roch as young lovers, surrounded by both passionate nature and knowing characters. At the same time, he incorporates studied distance and dream sequences, drawing us into the psychological complexity of this dark and epic love story in a very different vision that should intrigue lovers of Bronte as well as fans of Rivette.
08/10/2017(Sun): Post-screening talk with Sonia Au
Package Discount: 30% discount to each purchase of standard tickets of both North Bridge and Wuthering Heights.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.