Wolf Children (Okami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)
Dir: Mamoru Hosoda
Japan, 2012, 118min, DCP
Voice Cast: Miyazaki Aoi, Osawa Takao, Sugawara Bunta
One of Hosoda’s most movingly poetic and beautiful animations, the fairy tale opens with the romance between college student Hana and a mysterious wolfman. After he dies, Hana moves to the mountains and struggles to raise her werewolf kids – Yuki and Ame, who have to find their own identities and places in the world. In memory of his mother, Hosoda invests this family story with profound emotion of parental devotion, in lyrical hand-drawn visuals juxtaposed with silent imagery. Joyful and fascinating, yet an underlying sense of melancholy lingers.
2013 Japan Academy Film Prize, Best Animation Film
Mirai of the Future The World of Mamoru Hosoda
Full House 16/08/2018 (Thu)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.