Winter Light (Nattvardsgästerna)
Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1963, 81min, DCP
Cast: Ingrid Thulin, Gunnar Björnstrand, Gunnel Lindblom, Max von Sydow
In rigorous simplicity, Bergman raises his most profound questions to God in a rural church where a handful of believers sing their praise. Performing his duties routinely, Pastor Ericsson is anguished for his impotence in offering nothing but his own doubt to a devastating fisherman who seeks his consolation, and a schoolteacher who asks for his affection. In his second film of Faith Trilogy, Bergman takes an unsettling look at human’s despairing struggle with belief and love, under the winter light void of God’s warmth and grace.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.