Dir: Jane Campion
Australia, 1986, 76min, DCP
Cast: Kris Bidenko, Emma Coles, Kris McQuade
Initially shot on 16 mm for television, Two Friends is the stunning pre-Sweetie debut of Jane Campion, screening for the first time in Hong Kong. The film traces in reverse the falling out of two Australian schoolgirls back to their promising beginning when everything seems possible, adding to the intricacies of female relationships in a world too conventional and mediocre for bright girls. You can find almost every subject matter dear to Campion’s later films here. And what makes Two Friends such a gem is a closely-observed, deeplyfelt adolescence with a female sensibility on multiple levels, from storytelling to cinematography.
1986 Cannes Film Festival, Un Certain Regard Section
1987 Australian Film Institute, Best Telefeature
The remaining tickets are available to the public on-site 30 minutes prior to the screenings. Please collect tickets on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening, on a first-come, first-served basis. 1 ticket per person only.
6.5.2018 (Sun): Post-screening talk with Long Tin
Jane Campion, the Authentic Feminist
Free Admission 06/05/2018 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.