Top of the Lake: China Girl (III)
Dir: Jane Campion, Ariel Kleiman
Australia/New Zealand/UK, 2017, English, 116min, DCP
Cast: Elisabeth Moss, Nicole Kidman, Gwendoline Christie
At a glance it may look like Twin Peaks , yet Campion’s crime mystery series Top of the Lake is hyped and hailed in its own right. In Season 2, Detective Robin, still superbly played by Elisabeth Moss (The Square , 2017), the mysterious woman with a past returns to urban Sydney to spend more time with her daughter, only to be caught in the midst of an ensemble of broken, vulnerable individuals: the unfaithful partner, the coming out foster mother, and the enigmatic German charmer…The multi-unlayering becomes more intense and intricate in this season. And of course, at the center of the web there is also some horrible crime. Water is still the omnipresence – the sea is both the purifying agent and the healing force. Alice Englert, Jane Campion’s talented actor daughter, is brilliant as the young, deeply-sensitive Mary.
2017 Cannes Film Festival
Package Discount: 30% discount to each purchase of standard tickets of Top of the Lake: China Girl (I) , Top of the Lake: China Girl (II) & Top of the Lake: China Girl (III)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.