To Kill a Mockingbird
Dir: Robert Mulligan
USA, 1962, 129min, DCP
Cast: Gregory Peck, John Megna, Frank Overton
The ultimate meditation on the relations between the trials and actual human justice, mediated through the wisdom of the unforgettable small town Southern lawyer Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) as he explains the world to his daughter Scout. Harper Lee’s classic and beloved novel provided an anchorage in the darkest currents of racism and sexism that dominated the South decades after the Civil War. Yet, it is the human connection of Atticus, Scout and others that haunts us still.
1963 Academy Awards, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
1963 Golden Globe Awards, Best Actor (Drama)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.