The Terrorizers (Kongbu Fenzi)
1986, Mandarin, 109min, 35mm
Cast: Cora Miao, Lee Li-Chun, Chin Shih-Chieh, Gu Bao-Ming
Amidst Taipei’s wailing sirens and cold-blooded ambition, friends turn on each other and love is rejected with a stock phrase, three sets of characters collide with terrible consequences. A single gunshot jumpstarts the action, but this mysterious crime is matched by others that are just as (un)real. Three couples are drawn into the intrigue, but no easy resolutions can be found. Yang didn’t like being compared to Antonioni, but the Italian master would have enjoyed this complex, chilling crime story.
1986 Golden Horse Awards, Best Feature Film
1987 Locarno International Film Festival, Silver Leopard
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.