The Sign of Leo (Le Signe du Lion)
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1962, French, 103min, DCP, English subtitles
Cast: Jess Hahn, Michèle Girardon, Van Doude
An inspiring entrée into the big-time, Rohmer’s debut feature follows an unlucky American musician running himself into debt on the assumption of an inheritance he doesn’t inherit. Penniless and deserted by his friends, the derelict lumbering through the streets of Paris in physical and moral disintegration. Through naturalistic, observant camera lens, we see an ultra-realistic portrayal of the bohemian life in the romantic city, and the ironical workings of fate – a theme Rohmer will return to frequently.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.