Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France/Spain, 1975, 126 mins, DCP
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Maria Schneider, Jenny Runacre
How much can a man change his life with a new passport? Journalist David Locke (Jack Nicholson) easily slips into the identity of a dead man in Chad but soon finds himself embroiled in the connections of his new life – a dealer in illicit arms and those of his old life – as his wife tries to unravel her husband’s purported death. And then, in Barcelona, he meets a young architecture student (Maria Schneider) and another chance to start over… if he can evade those who are still seeking him. Considered by the master himself as his most stylistically mature film, the seven-minute long-take finale remains one of the most breathtaking endings in the history of cinema.
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 20/01/2018 (Sat)
Buy ticket 02/02/2018 (Fri)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.