The Nutty Professor
Dir: Jerry Lewis
USA, 1963, 107 mins, DCP
Cast: Jerry Lewis, Stella Stevens, Del Moore
So what do the French really see in Jerry Lewis? His most riotous comedy offers contrasting visions of comic portraiture. On the one hand, Lewis becomes Julius Kelp, the awkward, bumbling shy professor who loses out to bullies. On the other, with the professor’s special formula, Lewis becomes Buddy Love, the hip, abrasive ladies’ man in a florescent tuxedo. As the two personalities compete for the girl and for Kelp himself with comic results, Kelp must also make a choice about what he is – and what a girl really wants.
The Nutty Professor, From 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider (N.Y: Barron’s, 2003)
The Nutty Professor, From “Defining Moments in Movies – The Greatest Films, Stars, Scenes, and Events that Made Movie Magic” (NY, 2007)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.