The Nutty Professor
Dir: Jerry Lewis
USA, 1963, 107 mins, DCP
Cast: Jerry Lewis, Stella Stevens, Del Moore
So what do the French really see in Jerry Lewis? His most riotous comedy offers contrasting visions of comic portraiture. On the one hand, Lewis becomes Julius Kelp, the awkward, bumbling shy professor who loses out to bullies. On the other, with the professor’s special formula, Lewis becomes Buddy Love, the hip, abrasive ladies’ man in a florescent tuxedo. As the two personalities compete for the girl and for Kelp himself with comic results, Kelp must also make a choice about what he is – and what a girl really wants.
The Nutty Professor, From 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider (N.Y: Barron’s, 2003)
The Nutty Professor, From “Defining Moments in Movies – The Greatest Films, Stars, Scenes, and Events that Made Movie Magic” (NY, 2007)
Kings of Comedy – The Art of the Comedians
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 18/08/2017 (Fri)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 27/08/2017 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.