The House on Trubnaya (Dom na Trubnoy)
Dir: Boris Barnet
Soviet Union, 1928, Silent with Score, 84 mins, DCP
Cast: Vera Maretskaya, Vladimir Fogel, Yelena Tyapkina
“Every cook must learn to govern the state,” proclaimed Lenin. But what did this vision of a change in power actually mean to the petty-bourgeois hairdresser Mr. Golikov when he wants to hire a new maid and housekeeper? Plenty of comedy, once that maid turns out to be government as well, having been elected to the Mossovet (Moscow City Government), challenging gender roles as well as hierarchy. The multitalented Barnet also appeared as the cowboy sidekick in Kuleshov’s Extraordinary Adventures of Mr. West .
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.