The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Toki o Kakeru Shojo)
Dir: Mamoru Hosoda
Japan, 2006, 98min, DCP
Voice Cast: Naka Riisa, Ishida Takuya, Hara Sachie
A romantic fantasy that puts Hosoda into the limelight of international attention. Based on a 1965 novel, Hosoda infuses a creative treat of imaginative flights and painterly visuals, transforming the coming-of-age story into an openhearted fable. Accidentally acquiring the power to travel back in time, a high school girl enthusiastically uses it to satisfy frivolous desires and prevent an unexpected love confession from her dude friend. When her power is gone, she finally realizes that time leaping is not about changing the past, but the future.
2007 Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Special Distinction
2007 Japan Academy Film Prize, Best Animation Film
Mirai of the Future The World of Mamoru Hosoda
Full House 14/08/2018 (Tue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.