The Collector (La collectionneuse)
Dir: Eric Rohmer
France, 1967, French, 86min, DCP, English subtitles
Cast: Haydée Politoff, Patrick Bauchau, Daniel Pommereulle
Retreating in a Riviera summer house, the insecure men in Rohmer’s third Moral Tale are still unable to find a quiet gateway from temptations. Daniel, an art dealer, and his artist friend find themselves caught in a humiliating game of thwarted seduction with Haydée – the “collector of men”. In a cheery palette full of enticing golden tints and ocean blues, Rohmer thrillingly thrusts his hero into his own conflict between his rationalizing intellect and passions. Is truth to be found in the flesh, or in Rousseau’s philosophical musing?
Berlin International Film Festival: Silver Bear Extraordinary Jury Prize
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.