The Bastard and the Beautiful World
Dir: Sono Sion, Yamauchi Kenji, Ota Hikari, Kodama Yuichi
Japan, 2018, 105min, DCP
Cast: Asano Tadanobu, Inagaki Goro, Katori Shingo, Kusanagi Tsuyoshi
Three members of Japanese superstar boy band SMAP propel a trio of fantastical narratives, which ultimately converge in the chaotic fourth chapter of this wildly imaginative anthology. A pianist crosses paths with a young woman running as fast as she can. Meanwhile, a musician who cannot sing encounters a girl who eats songs, while a married couple head to Okinawa in search of their son’s right arm. Anarchic, energetic, wild and wonderful, this singular celebration of creativity is helmed by a quartet of equally unhinged filmmaking visionaries, resulting in an explosive cinematic carcophony.
Full House 21/08/2018 (Tue)
Full House 25/08/2018 (Sat)
Full House 26/08/2018 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.