Taipei Story (Qingmei Zhuma)
1985, Mandarin, 120min, DCP
Cast: Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Tsai Chin, Ko I-Cheng, Wu Nien-Jen
The second instalment of Yang’s so-called “Urban Trilogy”, Taipei Story spirals out from the slow dissolution of a romantic relationship between property developer Chin (Tsai Chin) and businessman Lung (fellow New Cinema director Hou Hsiao-Hsien). Lung clings to his nostalgic past, while girlfriend Chin considers emigrating to the US to start anew. The contrast of past and future is parallel to the development of Taipei itself, as Yang fuses the drama of a city and one couple.
1985 Locarno International Film Festival, FIPRESCI Prize
Edward Yang , 10-year Commemoration
Tickets available at screening venues on screening date 25/06/2017 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.