Dir: Billy Wilder
USA, 1954, 113min, DCP
Cast: Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, William Holden
Casting a charismatic spell with her sophisticated personality and Givenchy dresses, Hepburn’s style alone can carry the film. Transforming Sabrina from an awkward girl pining for a playboy to a glamorous lady beguiling a serious businessman, she impresses all with an intoxicating combination of vitality and melancholy that’s alternately fascinating and seductive. With the superbly crafted script by Billy Wilder and immerse charms of Humphrey Bogart and William Holden, this sweet romantic trifle is a classic that even Sydney Pollack failed to replicate the magic formula.
1955 Academy Awards, Best Costume Design (Black-and-White)
1955 Golden Globe Awards, Best Screenplay
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.