Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1964, 117 mins, DCP
Cast: Monica Vitti, Richard Harris, Carlo Chionetti
Antonioni explores alienation in its deepest colors – in a film whose working title, perhaps ironically, had actually been Celeste e Verde (sky blue and green). His colors, however, are not those of a loving or healing nature but the palette of corrupted industrial landscapes and polluted waters. These powerful landscapes become the outward manifestations of the detachment and doubts of the heroine, Giuliana (Monica Vitti) amidst shifting demands of her industrialist husband (Carlo Chionetti), a foreign businessman (Richard Harris) and her son (Valerio Bartoleschi).
1964 Venice Film Festival, Golden Lion Best Film & FIPRESCI Prize
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 07/01/2018 (Sun)
Buy ticket 11/02/2018 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.