Dir: Timur Bekmambetov
USA/UK/Cyprus/Russia, 2018, 105min
To investigate the recruitment of young European women by the ISIS, journalist Amy resolves to create a new online identity as a Muslim convert, dangling herself on Facebook as the terrorist’s bait. Hooked by a charismatic jihadist who asks her to be his bride, Amy finds herself entangled in a dangerous web. Based on a true story, the Night Watch (30th HKIFF) director Bekmambetov turns the ever-multiplying windows into battlefields between reality and the tapestry of lies. A lurid online-terror thriller that makes the computerscreen movie a bona fide subgenre.
2018 Berlin International Film Festival, Panorama Audience Award
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 19/08/2018 (Sun)
Full House 25/08/2018 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.