Pope Francis – A Man of His Word
Dir: Wim Wenders
Germany/Vatican City, 2018, 98min, DCP
An unexpected turn from the versatile German filmmaker – who knew Wim Wenders had been raised Catholic? Provided rare access to the pope, Wenders follows and listens rather than interrogating his subject. Hence the subtle force of the film lies in the very nearness of a leader who feels the church has become a “field hospital after a battle.” Facing global challenges of doctrinal change, social inequality and environmental issues, Pope Francis offers answers both smaller and larger, framed by his individual interactions and words among the poor, the children, and the condemned.
2018 Cannes Film Festival
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.