Dir: Wilson Yip
2017, Cantonese, 98 mins, DCP
Cast: Louis Koo, Lam Ka-tung, Wu Yue, Tony Jaa
After the success of the Ip Man franchise, director Wilson Yip collaborates with action choreographer Sammo Hung once again to helm another gripping instalment in the SPL series. Searching for his abducted daughter in Thailand, Hong Kong cop Lee (Louis Koo) has to join forces with Thai police officers Kit (Wu Yue) and Tak (Tony Jaa) for the investigation, which ultimately uncovers a national secret that no one dares to handle. A cop-triad story elevated by operatic sensation, this high-octane Hong Kong-style action thriller continues to blur the line that separates the good from the evil, and questions the powers that be who has the authority over who lives and who dies.
15/8/2017 (Tue): The director and actor(s) will meet the audience
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 15/08/2017 (Tue)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.