ONE PIECE International Classics – Movie Brain –
Dir: Yaguchi Shinobu, Suzuki Takuji
Japan, 1994-2014, 82min, DCP
One scene. One cut. One complete story. Directors Yaguchi Shinobu and Suzuki Takuji – predating the Dogma 95 creators Von Trier and Vinterberg – set the rules for their cinematic experiment launched in 1994: without any camera movement or editing, the story must be told on “one piece” of celluloid. The two created 63 pieces over the years, and selected the representative 13 for world premiere at PIA Film Festival. Forget about digital construction or budget constraints; ONE PIECE demonstrates that the magic of good films is all about boundless creativity and imagination.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.