On the Silver Globe (Na srebrnym globie)
Dir: Andrzej Zulawski
Poland, 1988, 166min, DCP
Cast: Andrzej Seweryn, Jerzy Trela, Grazyna Dylag
Best described as “a film lost in the cosmos,” this philosophical epic of sci-fi cinema by Zuławski arises from a parallel universe of real chaos – a “murdered” masterwork fragmentarily completed after a decade of oppression. The story follows a team of astronauts who, after crash-landing on a planet, forge a new society with rituals and mythologies structured, until a man from Earth arrives and is hailed as the Messiah. An inexhaustibly inventive and monumental film contemplating the formation of civilization and religion, and the destructive nature of mankind – the grandest expression of Zuławski’s visionary artistry.
Supported by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.