On the Road
Dir: Michael Winterbottom
UK, 2016, 121 mins, DCP
Cast: Ellie Rowsell, Joff Oddie, Theo Ellis, Joel Amey, Leah Harvey, James McArdle
British neo-grunge outfit Wolf Alice howls the musical world with its seductive, darkly euphoric debut album My Love is Cool, crowned as “the debut of the decade” by NME magazine. Winterbottom accompanies the band during its UK-Ireland tour, and observes the realities of life from the moments of ecstasy on stage to the exhaustion backstage. Two actors are embedded with the touring team, whose fictional love story intertwined with the real nuanced musicality of the band. A softcore version of 9 Songs, this cinematic hybrid offers the unusual sensual intimacy unfolded under the bewitching charisma of front woman Ellie Rowsell.
2017 Berlin International Film Festival
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 20/08/2017 (Sun)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 26/08/2017 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.