On Dangerous Ground
Dir: Nicholas Ray
USA, 1951, English, 82min, DCP
Cast: Ida Lupino, Robert Ryan, Ward Bond
In this crime film that subverts all conventions of the genre, Robert Ryan plays the iconic cop, too driven and brutal even for the streets of New York. He is sent upstate for a murder investigation and some tempering. Becoming personally involved in the case, though, he comes to understand the complexity of criminals and the people who suffer alongside them. Ida Lupino, as a loving protection figure to the damaged youth – a character so beloved of Ray, transforms a melodramatic story into a powerful vision of redemption.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.