My Best Fiend
Dir: Werner Herzog
Germany/UK/USA, 1999, 95 mins, DCP
Whom Klaus Kinski describes as a “nasty, sadistic, treacherous, cowardly creep”, Herzog returns the favor with this captivating documentary, an account of their unending love-hate relationship and turbulent collaboration which produces five classics. Revisiting the original shooting locations in the Amazon jungle, Herzog recalls the ferocious Kinski temperament in attacking extras, and his threat to shoot the actor with eight bullets and use the ninth on himself. Yet, the raving madman is seen as a shy and gentle man by his co-star actresses. Strange as it seems, the butterfly on his finger clearly knows the softness of the genius mind.
21/1/2018 (SUN): Post-screening seminar with Long Tin and Li Cheuk-to
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.