USA, 1989, 124min, 35mm
Cast: Jessica Lange, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Frederic Forrest
American lawyer Anne Talbot (Jessica Lange) is shocked when her immigrant father is accused of another life as a Hungarian monster who tortured and murdered Hungarian Jews, Roma and others in World War II. Choosing to defend him, Anne accepts his contention that all of this is a communist plot, despite the horrific data and witness accusations growing against him. Only on a court trip to Budapest itself does the complex, awful truth begin to emerge.
1990 Berlin International Film Festival, Golden Bear for Best Film
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.