Dir: David Lynch
France / USA, 2001, English, 147min, DCP
Cast: Naomi Watts, Laura Harring, Justin Theroux
How is Diane, the aspiring actress, related to Betty, the enigmatic beauty whom she helps to recover her lost identity and memory after an accident? What is in that mysterious blue box in the creepy nightclub Silencio? Is the end in fact the beginning? The film’s dreamlike qualities give rise to perplexity and confusion – “There is no explanation. There may not even be a mystery.” Stumbling down the Sunset Boulevard into an alluring world where fantasy and reality collide – only Hollywood’s merciless is for real. Topping BBC’s poll of the greatest films of the 21st century, David Lynch’s spellbinding visual poetry stretches our expectations of what cinema can achieve.
Cannes Film Festival: Best Director
10.2.2019 (SUN): Film talk with Long Tin
Back to the Screen
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 12/01/2019 (Sat)
Full House 10/02/2019 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.