Living the Light – Robby Müller
Dir: Claire Pijman
Netherlands / Germany, 2018, English, 88min, DCP
The late cinematographer Robby Müller may not be an immediately familiar name outside film circles, but his works with directors as varied as Wim Wenders, Jim Jarmusch and Lars von Trier put him squarely at the heart – and the eye – of late 20th-century film. Documentarian Pijman, who worked briefly under Müller, lets the light, framing and vision of this obsessive cameraman speak more eloquently than talking heads, through his complex films and more private conversations and personal shootings.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.