Dir: Kirill Serebrennikov
Russia, 2018, 128min, DCP
Cast: Teo Yoo, Roma Zver, Irina Starshenbaum
Summer (Russian: Leto) of 1980s. Join the rock’n’roll for a breakaway vocation, in a spirited requiem to the Soviet underground revolutionaries who helped pave the way for the dawn of Perestroika. Inspired by reallife pop stars Mike Naumenko and Viktor Tsoi, Kirill Serebrennikov, now living under house arrest, defies the repressive regime with an eccentric mood swing of Talking Heads’ “Psycho Killer”, while celebrating the freewheeling spirit of an aspiring generation. Fluid camera electrified with animated strokes as eagerly rebellious as Lou Reed’s rock ballads, the film’s stern bang on Putin’s Russia strikes a global chord.
2018 Cannes Film Festival, In Competition
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 24/08/2018 (Fri)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 27/08/2018 (Mon)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.