Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1962, 126 mins, DCP
Cast: Monica Vitti, Alain Delon, Francisco Rabal
Final and perhaps the greatest film of Antonioni’s trilogy, anchored by a stunning performance from Monica Vitti. Her Vittoria is a woman looking for love and meaning amidst the modern materialism of Rome, particularly embodied by Alain Delon as the stockbroker Piero. Antonioni’s elaborate dissection of incomplete relationships with Piero and her former lover, the translator Riccardo (Francisco Rabal), mesh with long discussions among strong and varied women on topics ranging from relationships to colonialism. All remain linked by a yearning that never seems quenched.
1962 Cannes Film Festival, Jury Special Prize
7/1/2018 (Sun): Post-screening seminar with Bryan Chang and Kiki Fung
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 07/01/2018 (Sun)
Buy ticket 10/02/2018 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.