Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1960, 143 mins, DCP
Cast: Gabriele Ferzetti, Monica Vitti, Lea Massari
In this prizewinning initial film of his great trilogy, Antonioni guides us into his landscapes of loss and crisis. The film revolves around the absence of Anna (Lea Massari), whom we first meet as the lover of Sandro (Gabriele Ferzetti) and the friend of Claudia (Monica Vitti, who became a global star in this role). After Anna disappears on an isolated island, Sandro and Claudia seek her across Italy and Switzerland, following partial clues and fragmentary connections while fighting against a growing attraction that may bind them or destroy them.
1960 Cannes Film Festival, Jury Prize
L’avventura, From Defining Modernity: Michelangelo Antonioni (Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, 2009)
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 06/01/2018 (Sat)
Buy ticket 03/02/2018 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.