Kramer vs. Kramer
Dir: Robert Benton
USA, 1979, 105min, DCP
Cast: Dustin Hoffman, Meryl Streep, Justin Henry
Hoffman vs. Streep, as these two talented actors explore the pains of separation, divorce and custody where the court becomes the crucible of family itself. Hoffman’s harried workaholic character must learn to raise his son when Streep leaves him to find happiness; her return, nonetheless, challenges his newfound fatherhood as well as the meaning of motherhood in an age of transition. And at the center stands Billy Kramer – son, pawn and promise – whose fate challenges the wisdom of the court.
1980 Academy Awards, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Writing (Adapted Screenplay), Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.