Dir: Oliver Stone
USA, 1991, 189 mins, 35mm
Cast: Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, Sissy Spacek
Vietnam veteran-turned-notorious filmmaker Oliver Stone delivered the most accomplished and controversial film of his career with this epic investigation into the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy. In a kaleidoscopic frenzy of film stocks, flashbacks and courtroom testimonies (that earned the film Oscars for both Cinematography and Editing), Stone details the efforts of District Attorney Jim Garrison (a never better Costner) to prove that a government conspiracy, and not Lee Harvey Oswald, was responsible for the president’s death. Featuring an all-star cast, including breakout roles for Gary Oldman and Tommy Lee Jones, JFK remains one of the most captivating courtroom dramas ever brought to the screen, all the more incredible because it might be true.
1992 Academy Awards, Best Cinematography and Best Film Editing
1992 Golden Globe Awards, Best Director
JFK, From 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Steven Jay Schneider (N.Y: Barron’s, 2003)
10/9/2017(Sun): Post-screening talk with Long Tin
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.