Dir: Sato Shinsuke
Japan, 2018, 127min, DCP
Cast: Kinashi Noritake, Satoh Takeru, Miyoshi Ayaka
Defying all prototypes of Marvel or DC superheroes, Inuyashiki is the true one who can save the world! A middle-aged wimpy salaryman, transformed by a mysterious light into a cyborg with incredible powers, becomes a selfless hero fighting against a cold-eyed teenager who devolves into a super killer terrorizing the nation. Sato Shinsuke’s turbo-charged, hyped screen adaptation of Oku Hiroya’s hit comic after Gantz , converting Shinjuku into an urban landscape of scifi fantasy. An anti-ageist thrust that balances thrilling action and apt social observations, and unexpectedly heartwarming.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.