Identification of a Woman
Dir: Michelangelo Antonioni
Italy/France, 1982, 130 mins, DCP
Cast: Tomás Milián, Daniela Silverio, Christine Boisson
Antonioni’s final quest or his eternal question? Here, director Niccolò (Tomás Milián) believes he needs a woman to provide meaning to his life and work. He first meets the mysterious Mavi, quite by chance, but finds his search for a relationship clouded by enigmatic jealousies, half-seen surveillance and the chill of her aristocratic milieu and family. And then there is the warm and beautiful Ida, who seems to offer every escape and even helps him understand Mavi. Yet she, too, carries a secret that changes their future.
1982 Cannes Film Festival, 35th Anniversary Prize
21/1/2018 (Sun): Post-screening talk with Lau Yam
Michelangelo Antonioni, the Architect of Human Landscape
Buy ticket 21/01/2018 (Sun)
Buy ticket 11/02/2018 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.