Hurry Go Round
Dir: Ishikawa Tomoji
Japan, 2018, 108min, DCP
Twenty years after his sudden passing, hide, the legendary X Japan guitarist, never fades away in the heart of rock lovers. Through a navigator – an actor who was too young at the time of his death, the documentary rediscovers the charismatic artist’s legacy by revisiting his birthplace, his final months in L.A., and interviews with his friends including the band leader Yoshiki. A life too short but full of wonders, hide’s final song “Hurry Go Round” – in his never before released vocal demo – finds its spring to meet us again.
Full House 19/08/2018 (Sun)
Full House 25/08/2018 (Sat)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.