Hitler Youth Quex
Dir: Hans Steinhoff
Germany, 1933, 87 mins, DCP
Cast: Jürgen Ohlsen, Heinrich George, Berta Drews
From Communist youth to Nazi martyr – the poor youth nicknamed “Quicksilver” follows a trajectory that would become all too real in 1930s Germany. Escaping the distasteful chaos of the Communist Youth camp where his family has sent him, Quex finds hope in the order and solidarity of young Nazis. While his family fights back, Quex becomes a hero, saving Nazis from a Communist plot before facing his own death. Hitler and Goebbels loved the film that played to millions across Germany, where today it is banned except for educational purposes.
5/11/2017 (Sun): Introduction by Stefan Droessler. Conducted in English
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.