Her Lonely Lane (Horoki)
Dir: Naruse Mikio
Japan, 1962, 124min, DCP
Cast: Takamine Hideko, Takarada Akira, Kato Daisuke, Kobayashi Keiju
Naruse’s personal sympathies and identification with the working class are deeply palpable in his celebratory biopic of Hayashi Fumiko – the author whose works he has adapted in half a dozen films. Based on her autobiography, Her Lonely Lane traces Hayashi from her impoverished roots; her days working in a series of browbeating jobs; her calamitous relationships with men; and eventually, to her literary success. Naruse regular Takamine Hideko compellingly portrays the famous novelist, a tenacious woman who finds her voice in writing about the often-sordid turmoil of real life.
30.11.2018(FRI): Lecture with Kinnia Yau
Conducted in Cantonese
Package Discount for “Naruse Mikio: Floating, Drifting, Meandering”
– 30% discount to each purchase of standard tickets to ALL 6 sessions, and get a free copy of Naruse Mikio, 110th Anniversary catalogue*; or
– 20% discount to each purchase of 2 or above standard tickets to difference sessions.
* Audience MUST present ALL 6 original tickets of “Naruse Mikio: Floating, Drifting, Meandering” screenings for the catalogue redemption on-site 30 minutes prior to the screening.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.