Dir: The Safdie Brothers
USA, 2017, 100 mins, DCP
Cast: Robert Pattinson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Barkhad Abdi
Storming into the screen as a frenzied human cyclone of bad hair, Robert Pattinson stars as a tough, reckless guy going on a nocturnal odyssey to break his mentally handicapped brother out of jail after a failed bank robbery. Drawing inspiration from the hard-headed crime dramas as Dog Day Afternoon and After Hours, the Safdie Brothers add their distinctive street edge in this rambunctious, battering pulp thriller, merged with messy humanity and brotherly affection. Giving his most commanding performance, Pattinson provides the propulsive energy that makes his wild character sympathetic and repulsive in equal measure.
2017 Cannes Film Festival, In Competition
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 20/08/2017 (Sun)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 27/08/2017 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.