Dir: Jim Jarmusch
USA, 2016, 108 mins, DCP
Having a reputation for its savage and influential fusion of rock ‘n’ roll, and performing half naked, stage diving and confronting audiences with songs like “I Wanna Be Your Dog”, Iggy Pop may look “unreal” when he humorously reflects on the crooked path of his career in this highenergy documentary. The Stooges’ 1973 song “Gimme Danger” lends its name to this film that traces the band’s destructive tendencies and improbable survival. As a true fan and a close friend, Jarmusch taps a rich archive, portraying the iconic rock star through the years at his passionate best and drug-addled worst, leading to his greater cosmic victory.
2016 Cannes Film Festival
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 19/08/2017 (Sat)
Tickets available at screening venue on screening date 27/08/2017 (Sun)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.