Face to Face (Ansikte mot ansikte)
Dir: Ingmar Bergman
Sweden, 1976, 176min, DCP
Cast: Liv Ullmann, Erland Josephson, Aino Taube
She is an accomplished psychiatrist, yet she is sick, and the sickness is unto death. During an ordinary day in an empty house, she is panic-stricken to see a perfect stranger in herself. As fantasies and hallucinations secretly creep in, this strong woman begins to disintegrate, and attempts to end her own life. Liv Ullmann, in one of her greatest performances, transcends an intellectual character whose breakdown brings her face to face with her inner anguish, before she finds the strength for self-reconciliation. This complete version is shown for the first time in Hong Kong.
1977 Academy Awards, nominations for Best Director and Best Actress
1977 Golden Globe Awards, Best Foreign Language Film
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.