Do the Right Thing
Dir: Spike Lee
USA, 1989, English, 120 min, DCP
Cast: Danny Aiello, Ossie Davis, Ruby Dee
Dawned on a punishingly hot day, a bitter racial confrontation in the black neighborhood of Brooklyn gradually escalates as the tempers intensified. The white-owned pizzeria soon becomes a heated oven, when the enraged delivery boy elicits a full-scale riot sparked by a monstrous act of police brutality, leaving a man dead and a community destroyed. Fearless in confronting the explosive subject of violence, Spike Lee pitches his battle into the wildfire of daunting sociopolitical complexity. In clashing sensations at once filled with hate and love, this controversial film is alive and kicking in its apocalyptic vision of the jarring incongruity of our world today.
Cannes Film Festival: In Competition
25/08/2019 (SUN): Film talk with Long Tin
Door Tickets Available at the Venue on Screening Date 22/08/2019 (Thu)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.