Dir: Jevons Au
2018, Cantonese, 99min, DCP
Cast: Jo Koo, Jennifer Yu, Kaki Sham
At the heart of everyday life, struggling is the reality of all students not limited to those with special education needs. The SEN school music teacher (Jo Koo), vying for a position in an elite school, is assigned to helm a musical performance with the reluctant help from a Band 1 “good girl” (Jennifer Yu) and a Band 3 “bad boy” (Kaki Sham). The trio, all with an axe to grind, comes to learn their most important lesson in life. Jevons Au, in his first solo feature after Trivisa (40th HKIFF), takes a critical look at our flawed education system, throwing a stone at the people and institutions pivoting on scholastic excellence. Distinction shouldn’t be an arbitrary standard; every kid can be extraordinary in their own right.
23.8.2018 (Thu): Post-screening discussion with director Jevons Au
Full House 23/08/2018 (Thu)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.