Dir: Jevons Au
2018, Cantonese, 99min, DCP
Cast: Jo Koo, Jennifer Yu, Kaki Sham
At the heart of everyday life, struggling is the reality of all students not limited to those with special education needs. The SEN school music teacher (Jo Koo), vying for a position in an elite school, is assigned to helm a musical performance with the reluctant help from a Band 1 “good girl” (Jennifer Yu) and a Band 3 “bad boy” (Kaki Sham). The trio, all with an axe to grind, comes to learn their most important lesson in life. Jevons Au, in his first solo feature after Trivisa (40th HKIFF), takes a critical look at our flawed education system, throwing a stone at the people and institutions pivoting on scholastic excellence. Distinction shouldn’t be an arbitrary standard; every kid can be extraordinary in their own right.
23.8.2018 (Thu): Post-screening discussion with director Jevons Au
Full House 23/08/2018 (Thu)
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- K11 Art House (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- MOViE MOViE (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. For screenings at ALL commercial cinemas, tickets are available at URBTIX till 5:00pm one day before respective screenings. After that, tickets will be available only at the box office of the screening venue on the day of screening, subject to availability.
3. Screenings at HK Arts Centre, HK Film Archive and Tai Kwun: For screenings that are about to start in 1 hour, all remaining tickets can only be bought at the box offices of the respective screening venues.
4. For the sold-out screenings at HK Arts Centre and HK Film Archive, a limited number of standing tickets are available at the URBTIX Outlets of the respective venues 30 minutes prior to the screening time. Seating is not guaranteed and subject to availability 30 minutes after the screening time. Each person can purchase 1 standing ticket. The availability of standing tickets is subject to change without prior notice.
5. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till 1 hour prior to the respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
6. While it is the HKIFFS’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, the HKIFFS will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.