Dirty Money (Un flic)
Dir: Jean-Pierre Melville
France/Italy, 1972, 98min, DCP
Cast: Alain Delon, Catherine Deneuve, Richard Crenna
Un flic. A cop. Melville’s final film, yet one showing all his mastery of scene, character and fundamental questions not only of good and bad but also of friendship and loyalty. With Alain Delon as the brooding policeman and American Richard Crenna as his nightclub owner/criminal friend, linked by the radiant and intoxicating presence of Catherine Deneuve. The details of the heists and pursuits are carefully plotted but it is the chemistry of these leads who keep us riveted to the screen.
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Louis Koo Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Tai Kwun (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.