Dir: Nacho Vigalondo
Canada/Spain, 2017, 109 mins, DCP
Cast: Anne Hathaway, Jason Sudeikis, Austin Stowell
What’s in common between the gigantic Godzilla and the alcoholic Gloria? The New York party girl gradually finds their mysterious connection in her hometown after thrown out by her boyfriend. Masterminding the kaiju which is wreaking havoc in Seoul, she is determined to hit back at the wicked robot manipulated by her childhood friend to save the world, and herself. Nacho Vigalondo’s sci-fi oddity wrestles its absurd premise into a clever and hilarious riff on a troubled woman trapped by her insecurities. Anne Hathaway, in her Gloria-Godzilla personae, strikes the right note that gets you to forgive her messes and cheer for her awakenings.
2016 Toronto International Film Festival
- Hong Kong Arts Centre Cinema (Venue)
- HK Science Museum Lecture Hall (Venue)
- Hong Kong Film Archive (Venue)
- The Grand Cinema (Venue)
- The Metroplex (Venue)
- Festival Grand Cinema (Venue)
- the sky (Venue)
- Broadway Hollywood (Venue)
- UA Cine Moko (Venue)
- MCL Telford Cinema (Venue)
- Grand Windsor Cinema (Venue)
- Chinese Subtitles
- Category III
- Post-screening discussion with the director
- Director and/or actor(s) will meet the audience
- Post-screening talk
- Full House
1. Unless otherwise stated, all films (except English-speaking films) are subtitled in English.
2. Screenings at HK Science Museum: There is no URBTIX Outlet at the venue. Tickets are available at URBTIX till one hour prior to respective screenings. Door ticket counter opens 30 minutes before the screening. Limited tickets to non-sold out screenings will be available at the door, subject to availability (Cash Only).
3. While it is the HKIFF’s policy to secure the best possible print of the original version for all its screenings, HKIFF will appreciate its patrons’ understanding on occasions when less than perfect screening copies are screened.